Now

The power of "Now", this present moment is immense. If we can identify that, and most importantly, live in the moment, in a mindful manner, I guess, we are sorted. 

Easier said than done. 

A few days ago, heard the viral video of Tom Hanks talking about how time could be our ally and all we need to know is that everything is transient, and whether good or bad, "This too shall pass". So, if life is a bitter-sweet journey, and nothing will last forever, even good times, then holding on the past or hoping for a future doesn't do justice to the present time. Plus, what is gone is gone, and what is yet to come may or may not, then what's the point of thinking of the past or the future. What we have at present is what matters. 

It took me time, but these days, if life gives me curve balls, I try to dodge them, and if I get hit, then I sit there for a while till the pain subsides somewhat and then again start the journey. Similarly, if life hands me my favorite hot chocolate fudge ice-cream, I savor the flavor till its last gooey drop, and then walk again. The memory of that hurt or joy remains, but that's that. Every new moment brings something else to soak into. Living like that does make sense. 

These days I have started doing something else too. Most nights, before going off to sleep, I ask myself, "What if I die tonight? Will I regret dying or am I good to go?" Till a few months ago, the response to that would have been different. The wants and needs, dreams and aspirations, and what not, would have made me say, "I need some more time. I want to achieve this and that." Now, it doesn't matter, nothing does, and it is not in a nihilistic way. It is a positive outlook to see life for what it is, how we are mindlessly striving for things which has no value. We will leave everything here, and nothing will matter. So, a year ago I decided to live the way I always wanted to, to do whatever I wanted to, and live each day as if it's my last day. There isn't any regret, any need, nor any fiery aspiration. And, in that space, I learnt something else, love, a form so pure that it makes everything fine, even dying. So, yes, I will be okay to go, but till I do so, I will live each moment, good or bad, doesn't matter, because nothing remains forever. 

And yes, Jai Ho SRK Baba for this perfect song for this topic. 

Comments

  1. Poignant post. Thanks.

    Beth
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions