Luck

Is there something called luck? Do people really get lucky? Or, is the event that lead up to one getting lucky is somehow the result of small efforts that a person makes over a period of time that adds up to that particular moment?

Personally, I don't believe in luck. I usually don't get anything just by chance or by fluke. I have always worked for almost everything in my life. I studied really hard, slogged at work and even put in too much into my relationships as well. There was never any reliance on luck. 

I had heard this famous sloka in Mahabharata, as a part of Bhagavad Gita spoken by Lord Krishna to Arjuna, as a child, and it anchored - 

कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन। मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि

It means, we have the right to do our karma or actions, but not on the rewards we generate out of it. Basically, our focus should be on our karma and not on what we are going to get out of it. 

And, that's how I have always functioned. 

I guess, it's our actions that define us, and what we get in life. That's what I believe in. Rest, some may be lucky or even bad lucky!

Comments

  1. That's true. I used to believe in luck, but everything is the result of something, no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions