Hope

Of course, H had to be about Hope, after all, this blog is all about being hopelessly hopeful! Also, the literal meaning of my name is 'Hope'. 

Did I like my name? No, it is old-fashioned and I was constantly trolled for it. Plus, there was always this responsibility to "live upto" your name. You cannot be hopeless, you need to always have your chin up. 

With time, life taught me otherwise. Now, do I like my name? I will say, "Well, I am still not particularly fond of it, it is hopelessly old-fashioned, but I do believe there is something that you embody in yourself because of your name. It does have certain power that defines who you are."

So, no matter the situation, I mostly refuse to give-up. There is always a single ray of hope, and even if that is only a ray available in the darkest of the rooms, I will rather move towards that light than sit in the darkness. As long as I believe there is hope, I keep going. 

That does lead to issues at times, wherein I become over optimistic and forget to draw the line, which says, "Here you give-up". Guess, that can be fixed by being rational and practical. And then, hope could become a vector to give us the flight of imagination, creativity and a positive approach in life. 

So, are you feeling hopeful today?

This is the song that embodies hope the best. Listening to it after long, once it was my go-to-song during the times I had struggled really hard, and it never failed to offer me the hope I required.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions