Fear: The horror way

Guess it is poetic justice that I am writing this blog in darkness, as the light in my living room has suddenly decided to go kaput. Convenient, right? 

Anyway, coming straight to the point before I become too fearful to write about the topic, let me admit, I like watching horror movies. I mean, I do enjoy a good spooky treat. My brother and I have seen all the imaginable horror movies. As kids, we even had a video cassette of "Evil Dead" and I don't know how many times we had seen that movie!

Right from the tacky Ramsay Brothers presentations - Veerana, Purani Haveli, Zee Horror Show - to Ram Gopal Varma's super spooky Bhoot, and then all the branded English ghost outings - The Exorcist, The Conjuring, The Ring, The Grudge, The Sixth Sense - we have seen it all. Wonder why all these movies starts with the article "The"?

There was a particular serial that used to get telecasted in Doordarshan - "Kile ka Rahasya". Although, at the end it was revealed that the murders were not an act of some sinister beings, but some greedy smugglers, the opening music and the storyline of that show got both of us hooked on to the show. 

It did give us the heebie-jeebies!

Along with movies, I had also been a big fan of ghost stories and had a collection at one point of time, but something spooky happened, which led my mother to throw away all my books. It was unexplainable and maybe, will write about it someday later, in broad daylight.

For now, enjoy this haunting number. Nothing else captures the essence of a good horror setting than this masterpiece:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions