Embarrass yourself.

Embarrass yourself, yes literally. There is no better way to grow in life other than embarrassing oneself. That helps in not only letting go of our inhibitions, but also our fear of doing something new, risky, awkward or uncomfortable. 

I have been practicing that for a past few months and trust me, it's awesome. Putting myself out there without a safety net gives this amazing sense of freedom. There is no need to walk the line, to constantly think of what others would think of me or seek someone's approval for what you want to do. Even if you embarrass others by your action, harmless ones I mean, those that give you happiness or help you become a better person, I say, "Go for it!"

A couple of months ago, I tried bowling after a long-long time. I love watching sports, but I am abysmal at them, including even bowling. I just can't figure out the speed, distance, velocity or even the amount of energy required to get the ball hit the pins, actually just to get the ball towards the pin itself! I scored a perfect 10, yes it was 10 on 10 for me - dropping each ball into the gutter! There was a bunch of young guys cheering me on and I did get a round of applause at my perfect finish. 

Point is, I embarrassed myself by failing miserably, but I enjoyed my failure. I enjoyed every moment of that silly game, instead of sitting in a corner, sulking or judging myself too hard that I shouldn't try a game. Plus, I made an entire room laugh at my antics :D

Life anyway is hard, why take yourself too seriously. Enjoy little moments of laughter and fun, even if they are at your expense. Embarrass yourself, always!

I love all the stupid and silly songs, especially love Kishore Kumar's over-the-top songs. Some of my old favorites are "Meri bhains ko danda kyu mara", "Chil chil chilla ke" or "Sar jo tera chakrai". Songs these days are not that funny or quirky, and as I am unable to pick only one old favorite, my go-to-choice would be this hilariously embarrassing song from one of my favorite fun movies - Andaz Apna Apna.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions