Guilt

Can guilt be a good thing? Think from this perspective, if I am going to do something and that makes me feel guilty, maybe that's not something I should do, right? It could, of course, depend on the perspective or situation, but at times guilt could be a pole to keep our moral compass under check. 

Where is this coming from? Someone told me today about certain community which is profiting from the war that is being waged in the European continent by selling scraps. I cannot be explicit, because last time I did that Google sent me a warning mail. Yes, free speech is a fancy term. Point is, there is a not a shred of guilt or morality that these people possess, or maybe I am too old fashioned. It might just be okay to grab every opportunity to make money, who am I to judge? It's just, I don't like it.

Maybe, if they had a guilty conscious, they might have thought before doing something like that. In fact, most people wouldn't have done half of the deplorable things that they do if they could have seen the guilt-ridden consequences of their actions. Problem is, they don't. It is all about money, honey!

And, then there are people who go overboard being guilty. These are the squashy little vulnerable beings, who had been stupid enough to show to the world how every little thing makes them guilty, and the world treat them like doormats. 

I guess, the issue is to know how much to be guilty about something and what for. But, who gets to decide that? Maybe, it all boils down to the fact that am I being guilty and giving too much because I have an inane need to please everyone or should I feel guilty because I am being a prick by only thinking of myself, without a care of human life? That could be where we can draw the line. Then again, who draws that?

Linkin Park is perfect for today's topic. For the love of Chester 💓

Comments

  1. Guilt like pain is one of those things that you don't want to feel but that you'd rather be able to feel than not to feel. Like someone who doesn't have pain receptors and burns their hand without knowing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions