X-tra (extra)

We want something X-tra (extra) in our lives. That X factor is what we crave for, whether wanting an extraordinary job, extra loving partner, extra-large house, extra-fab holidays… everything has to be in excess. Then only we are somewhat satiated with our lives, or at least have a superior feeling of having more than our peers.

This extra becomes so nauseating that often we get obsessed to have the best for us. We want to beat everyone and rule the world (at least, the bubble world we have created). At times, we feel we deserve it.

Then there are some who follow those people, who as per their perception have extraordinary lives. They believe that these are the guys who are sorted and are the top crop, the crème de la crème of society. They want to be a part of that ‘cool’ circle and are prepared to do anything to feel ‘included’.

Point is, is that worth it?

If you ask me, I like who I am. Maybe, those extras are not for me. They do help me earn my living, but let them be there in that world and let me have mine. Wrote this poem a long ago, thought of sharing -

They are the sophisticated, they are the nice
I am the misfit, I am the vice
They make rules, they keep order
I break rules, I thrive in disorder
They are the genesis, the cream at the top
I am the anti-thesis, the residual crop
They have it all, yet they fear their fall
I have only the ground, yet I dare make the call.

Comments

  1. Absolutely loved your poem! I never followed people in this context though I have this habit to be better than what I accomplished the previous time. It gets stressful and thankfully I am aware. So working on it.
    Dropping by via A-Z challenge from momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions