Secret

I am not much of a secret keeper. If I know something, I would usually tell someone else about it, unless it is too sensitive or if the other person has told me explicitly not to pass on the information. Funny, how this ‘don’t tell anyone else’ thing work. Usually the person telling you this is the one who goes around telling everyone about that particular piece of information, and before you know it, everyone knows!

There was a time when I knew almost everything about everyone. I used to make extra effort to talk to people. I knew about their struggles, fears and issues. I offered as much help as I could. I just knew too much. And, that became tedious after a while.

Listening to the same old tales got annoying, especially at times when I started witnessing similar pattern. Some just kept repeating the cycle. It was the same mistake, the same desire and thus, the same outcome. If they were refusing to learn, who was I to do anything about it?

I decided to take a walk from this human din. No more secrets for me. I didn’t want to know anymore. As the constant chatter around me died down, I saw myself more clearly. I realised, just like these people I was also stuck in the cyclic existence. I had to break the cycle. I had to help myself, even before I qualified to help anyone else.

These days I am blessed in my ignorance. Now, I am usually the last person to know anything, and trust me, I am not complaining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions