Banking on ‘You’

We all look for that one person we can completely rely on. Someone who is our homie, our go-to person. Someone who is always with us, whether in crisis or celebrations. We keep searching for that perfect confidante who will share our dreams and fears alike, who will motivate us when we fail or coax us to take risks. We mold this ideal person deep within us and involuntarily try to match it with everyone that we meet. Often we get excited to find someone closer to our ideal and start adulating them, only to get disappointed soon after. Is that their fault?

No. It is ours.

Why is it that we never find that perfect person ever in our lives? The answer is simple. We search for them outside of us, as a separate entity.

Instead, they are who we are. They are us. The person we want to bank upon is none other than our own selves. However, layers of insecurity, self-doubt and low esteem push us to find ourselves in someone else.

We are never reflected in others. Stop searching yourself in them.  

Learn to bank on yourself.

Comments

  1. This in part explains why I talk to myself, I get expert advice and no pointless interruptions, though occasionally when i want some human interaction I'll chat with the missus.

    All the best for the rest of the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes sense on so many levels. We do create an ideal person who we want to lean on, and leaning in on ourselves is just not that romantic!

    Leaving my link here:
    http://namysaysso.com/blog/boketto-short-poetry-forms/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice. I've become a bit jaded in my later years. Usually I can count on my wife, but even she isn't failproof. I trust myself for the most part.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions