Home

I live in a world that demands a house

A house with a husband, kids and maybe a pet, if my husband allows

Allow he must for me to function, my choice of clothes, my career in the bay

Bay is the corner where my dreams are buried, along with my self and a little identity

Identity is now an access card to my office, actually my desk, as offices are sealed with glass ceilings

Glass ceilings are aspirational, I tell myself, maybe  will get there maybe I will not

I will not, however, give up on my dream, to someday have, what I believe they call a hearth, a home, a place of love.

Comments

  1. I wish u good luck with ur dream, hope and home

    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from the A to Z. I agree. A home is definitely more than just a house.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions