Winter

I am not a winter lover. I cannot stand the cold, dry and sun-less season, where I am just trying to forever keep myself warm with copious amount of soups, coffees and warm water. I get really whinny and just don’t feel like doing any work.

Delhi is famous for its ‘Dilli ki saardi’ (Delhi’s winter). Don’t understand what’s so famous about it. It’s just cold, that’s all. The worst part is the sunless days, and then some day it starts drizzling. Imagine cold plus rain. Ruins the entire experience of rains completely, which, by the way, is beautiful in Delhi.

I had written the below some years ago as an ode to winters. It captures my apt emotions for the season. Hope you guys like it. 

And hey, any winter haters here?

Comments

  1. People frown when I say i like summers more than winters. Am sensitive to cold so i hate even the measley winters of hyd.....basically it's not much of a winter :) so i feel better


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate being cold, so the Cape winter is perfect. We often describe it as 'jumpers at breakfast & sunscreen at lunchtime'

    Visiting from Facing The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the odd one here.. i prefer winter over summer ! The temperature has crossed 40 deg C in Pune which is a rarity.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like winter, but it definitely can overstay its welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say I much like winter, but I am not a winter hater. I like seeing the snow and getting brief doses of the chill, but I don't want to be out the cold for too long. Since I now live in Los Angeles I don't often experience truly cold weather. When it does get really hot I will long for cold winter weather because I'm not overly fond of excessively hot weather either. Most of the time our location is just about right.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions