Offended

Some people get offended very easily. Anything and everything offends them. Why? Some have fragile ego. They live inside their flimsy bubbles and even a slightest of outside force exposes their delicate self to the world. It is tough to always remain diplomatic around everyone. Sometimes, you do want to deal with people with utmost transparency, but that’s not really an option, is it?

I take time to get offended. Sometimes, even if someone is deliberately trying to offend me, I may simply choose to ignore it and try to understand why that person is saying such a thing, maybe some deep-rooted hurt is making him/her say that. It’s always about giving a benefit of doubt to the other person. Maybe, they are judgmental or racist or rude because they dealt with something worse in their lives or they didn’t have an alternative environment to compare their lives with.

I have been told so many worse things in my life, some on my face and some behind my back. A look at those smug faces, and I know I was their topic of sniggers and gossips. More than being hurt, it always left me in awe. How could people have so much vitriol for others? Why this unending urge to put someone down, wanting to ‘show them their place’?

It’s tiring.

Comments

  1. I feel humans hav this basic instinct to incline towards negativity or hatred..was discussing this just the other day with a friend...pin pointing minus undermining plusses and making a person feel like crap ..i think we excel in it ..i mean humans in general....


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a time that I was very offended by mean people and, sometimes, I still am. For the most part, I remember to consider the source and disregard the comment because I am aware that the mean people's behavior reflects more on them than it does on me. Still, that's not easy to actually apply to real-life situations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions