Taken for granted

We crib about being taken for granted but recently a friend said, "I would love to know that my wife takes me for granted, that's the most awesome feeling. It means that she trusts me and does not want to look beyond me." I tried to find logic in that answer, but somehow couldn't. Maybe, it is different for men and women.

Frankly, I don't like being taken for granted. When someone takes you for granted, it basically boils down to you being an option or a choice, you no longer remains a priority. The other person may just keep giving excuses in their head, some being, "I don't need to give her any explanations or I don't need to tell her anything or I don't think she is going anywhere." They keep you at the back burner, because, guess what, they think it is okay to take you for granted!

And that's where the problem arises. It is never okay to take anyone for granted, even if it means it is your wife or husband or even kids. Treat them as individuals with their own preferences and choices. Ask them what they want. And above all, never assume that they will still be on the same page as you left them when you went off to complete your 'Important work.'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions