Deadlines whooshing by...

It has to be poetic justice that I am writing about deadlines as I run against the clock to finish this fourth-day challenge, with a strong coffee in hand as I desperately try to control my low BP. Wow! This challenge is really becoming challenging now.

Well, most people get panicky about deadlines, not me. I love deadlines, the stringent the better. I could identify with what Douglas Adams had once famously said, “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”

Deadlines are like the fire that gets me going. It keeps me on my toes. Being in a creative domain, it is natural for writers to slack. We always take the liberty of saying, "I am getting a writer's block." But that doesn't work when you have a deadline to meet. Then, you got to be creative, whether you like it or not. Amusingly, I write the best when I have to submit something within the next 10 minutes!

So, deadlines...I love to beat them black and blue!




Comments

  1. Deadlines are incredibly motivating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that Danielle...thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. I've always worked better against a deadline but I am beginning to panic about my next one - a 5/1 publication date for my WIP novella (only 1/3 written). Eeek!!

    DB McNicol, author & traveler
    A-Z Theme: Oh, the places we will go!
    http://dbmcnicol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always need to be done well before the actual deadline approaches otherwise it's too stressful for me. I do seem to set my own internal deadlines frequently as well. Deadlines are motivating. WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Karen, they are motivating, and it's fun to beat them too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions