Actions and reactions

As you become aware of yourself, you gain insight of how to handle your emotions or rather your reactions to various situations. 

Just the other day, I got into a situation wherein I was about to react angrily. However, as I was about to react, I stopped at my track, analysed that there won't be any positive outcome of my reaction. That moment, the anger vanished. I didn't react at all. I let that moment pass, and surely I retained my peace of mind. 

It's as simple as that really. Ninety percent of the time we are reacting to others, what they say and do. Our interactions with others usually are based on this action-reaction dynamics. 

Only, and if only, we look beyond this dynamic, we will have some meaningful conversations or even frivolous ones. Who cares? As long as you can be yourself and have an open conversation with the other person without any judgment or reaction, nothing else really matters. 

Go talk. Open your heart. Just keep a check on your reactions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions