Spot the fake

Sometimes I feel as if we are running a race, a rat race, but of a different kind. 

Besides aiming to achieve personal and professional goals, these days, people are racing to find their spiritual destinations as well. They may listen to something, read something and all of a sudden they are a pile of something, which results into nothing! As if the mind becomes a recycle bin, storing all sorts of discarded items, but is never emptied. Instead, the garbage keeps piling up, day-after-day, year-after-year, endlessly, without purpose.

No, I am not going to make anyone aware of their garbage. If they can't smell their own stink, I doubt I will ever be able to make them see the source. Not my job.

Though, it becomes their job to "educate" me about their accumulated garbage. They tell me how "spiritual" they are, how fantastic their "journey" had been and how I also, like them, can "achieve" spirituality. 

Mostly, I don't say anything. However, sometimes, it's fun to go along the charade. Give them the satisfaction of being the superior being. They don't know what they are doing, and I am certainly not telling them. It's much more peaceful that way. 

We are unique and our journeys are incomparable too. I can tell you my story and part of it may resonate with you, but that doesn't mean my life lessons will apply onto you too. Then why try? 

People who really are on the path or have learnt a few genuine things, do not speak much. They mostly observe and listen. They don't propagate or tell you to follow certain strictures. They might just tell you a story or two, appropriate for you, which will make you think. Often they do that involuntarily. 

These days, whenever I hear someone utter spirituality, I run in the other direction. That buzzword is the sure-shot way of spotting a fake.

Rest, keep walking, even if it means to walk alone - ekla cholo re 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions