Can what is lost be found again?

Scratch it out

Let’s begin again

Bump as strangers

You may decide on the pick-up line

And I may find that predictably cheesy

Yet, I will laugh

When you will follow it up

With a cheesier phrase

I will give you my number

And pretend not to recognize you

When you will call me

We will chat

We will talk

We will meet too

We will hide the spark

To become friends

To get to know

What we never knew before

We will date others

And curse them

When they will break our hearts

And then talk of everything, yet nothing

Over a drink or two

I will start liking you

But won’t tell you

For the fear of overwhelming you

Instead, I will wait

For you to be ready

Some day

To hold my hand

When I hold yours

While we walk

Side-by-side

On a beach

Over a sunset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions