Apologizing is not an art. And, come to think of it, it is not even a science. It is just an expression of admitting to that stupidly dumb thing you had done, which could have been otherwise avoided. Then, why is it so hard to apologize? There could be multiple reasons, but the prime one is you know you have screwed up, you don’t want to face the ramifications, there could be explosives at the other end, and you don’t want to basically face the music. But that’s the escapist route. I think the best way to apologize is to apologize the moment you know you have done something wrong. Don’t linger it. Because not only you are prolonging someone’s pain, but you are also pushing your luck too far! Next comes the question, how? That’s simple too. Just tell the person that you are sorry. There isn’t any need for prolonged explanations, bouquets of flowers, boxes of chocolates or expensive gifts. A simple and sincere ‘I am sorry’ is enough to let the other person know that you had...
It has to be poetic justice that I am writing about deadlines as I run against the clock to finish this fourth-day challenge, with a strong coffee in hand as I desperately try to control my low BP. Wow! This challenge is really becoming challenging now. Well, most people get panicky about deadlines, not me. I love deadlines, the stringent the better. I could identify with what Douglas Adams had once famously said, “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” Deadlines are like the fire that gets me going. It keeps me on my toes. Being in a creative domain, it is natural for writers to slack. We always take the liberty of saying, "I am getting a writer's block." But that doesn't work when you have a deadline to meet. Then, you got to be creative, whether you like it or not. Amusingly, I write the best when I have to submit something within the next 10 minutes! So, deadlines...I love to beat them black and blue!
Comments
Post a Comment