Bread

Bread is life. Without bread, I, for sure would have starved to death. I am not sure if I can ever manage without bread.

Interestingly, my love for bread is not because I am overtly fond of this baked lump of dough. Instead, it has everything to do with me being lazy and not someone who likes to cook. So, when hungry, the perfect wholesome food is bread. The base is perfect for a sandwich, bread omelette, bread jam et al. And, if I feel a bit adventurous, then maybe bread pakora (deep fried bread dipped in gram flour mix) or french toast.

Beyond the basics, I prefer not to experiment. After all, why bother when you have food ordering apps such as Food Panda and Swiggy spoiling you for choices. Open, tap, tap, tap and tap, and you are done. Name any cuisine and it's delivered at your doorstep.

Yes, it's not too healthy to order in every day, and that's why for people like us bread is a saviour. Plus, there are too many variants these days as well - multigrain, milk bread, brown bread, garlic bread and so on and so forth.

Bread is also an essential complimentary serve at most continental fine dining restaurant. The basket of freshly baked assorted breads - croissants, puffs, flavoured breads - with a dip of white butter is just heavenly. Yum!

Seldom you might have seen someone salivating over bread like this. Undoubtedly, this convenient food has become my uno choice for the first meal of the day. Yes, I break the fast by breaking the bread!

Comments

  1. One of my favorite meals is sour dough bread slathered with sweet butter. Yummmm. I pretend to blame the Mama for my "addiction" to bread, because she craved French bread while she carried me in her womb. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make a lot of our own bread in an electric bread machine. It is so easy to make and so good. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apology is just saying ‘I am sorry!’

Badrinath Ki Dulhania…A great movie on clichés

Questions